Mac and Cheese is a heavenly combination and there’s no arguing that homemade mac and cheese is the best. It has the ability to cure any bad day.
Not only is it delicious, it is so easy to prepare and the only equipment’s you’ll need apart from an oven are a pot and skillet to make this dish, you’ll whisk the sauce together on the stovetop, and then toss in the macaroni and bake. Sounds simple, isn’t it? This is the kind of dish you’ll want to share with friends (in fact, they’ll be angry if you don’t), so whip it up next time you have people over.
PREP TIME- 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME- 30-40 MINUTES
¼ packet of macaroni(I used wheat macaroni but you can use any)
1 tablespoon Butter
15 cloves of Garlic
A little less than ¼ cup Corn Flour
2 Cups of Milk
Salt to taste
A pinch of Red Chili Flakes
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup or more grated Mozzarella cheese
½ cup or more grated Parmesan cheese
INSTRUCTIONS/ STEPS –
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Macaroni and cook until al dente(cooked so as to be still firm when bitten). Also add oil/ olive oil so that the macaroni doesn’t stick. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet( size of the skillet depends on the amount of macaroni you are cooking) over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the melted butter and let cook till you can smell the heavenly mixture of garlic and butter in the air.
- Now add the corn flour to garlic.
- Slowly pour in the milk and continue whisking the mixture until it’s smooth, make sure there are no lumps.
- Sprinkle salt, red chili flakes and ground black pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sauce is noticeably thickened and coats the back of the spoon
- Add a generous coating of the Mozzarella and Parmesan and stir.
- Add the boiled macaroni and stir gently until the macaroni is evenly coated with cheese sauce.
- Transport the macaroni with sauce into a baking dish.
- Garnish it with Mozzarella and Parmesan- don’t be stingy at all!
- Bake at 240 Degree Celsius for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown. The oven is not supposed to be pre heated.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- The scrumptious Mac and Cheese is ready to be served.
- Left overs can be refrigerated
- This recipe is only for oven and can not be cooked in microwave.
This is one of my go-to recipes for mac and cheese and apart from enjoying cooking this dish, I relish devouring this along with friends and family.
Do try this recipe out and let me know how it goes in the comments section. It would be GREAT if you could provide your feedback HERE.